Thursday, March 11, 2010

CILANTRO LIME RICE


This rice was so good, and the best thing was that we just dumped everything in the rice cooker. Super easy!

Ingredients:
3 cups rice
3 cups water
4 tsp.(or cubes) chicken bouillon
4 tsp. garlic, minced (I think I only used one)
1 TBS canola oil
2 TBS fresh lime juice
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 onion
1 can green chilies

Blend cilantro, onion and chilies in food processor. Then, either dump everything in a rice cooker like I did - or - bring water to boil & add all ingredients. Simmer covered for 30 min or until rice is cooked.

1 comment:

Kira said...

I made this at my mother in laws house and didn't realize until I was about to put the rice in that she only had Minute Rice. I just took all the ingredients except the rice and boiled it for about 5 minutes. When it seemed like it had cooked a bit, I put the rice in and removed it from the heat. I just followed the Minute Rice directions but included the other ingredients. It turned out so good!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails