Thursday, January 5, 2012

Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup

This soup is the same one I've made for my family a million times before, and they've never said a word about it.  The other night, I added chicken broth and cooked things in a little different order.  Suddenly they all LOVE it!

My oldest son asked if it was hard to make, because he wanted to have it alot more often. (Obviously my family knows I only cook really like recipes that are easy and fast.) Huh. Crazy.

That being said, this soup is really delicious, hearty, and pretty easy to make.

Ingredients:
1 c chopped onion
1 c chopped celery
2 c chopped carrots
2 TBS butter or margarine
6 c chicken broth
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c milk
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pkg (16 oz) egg noodles
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add vegetables and saute until just tender. (about 5 min)

Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil.  Add chicken breasts (I threw mine in frozen) and boil until chicken is cooked through.  Remove chicken, shred with forks and put back in pot.

Add milk, noodles, and cream of chicken soup. Simmer until noodles are tender.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

That's it! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails