Monday, September 2, 2013

Southwestern Egg Rolls

I have made these in the past, but didn't have the sauce and they were....okay.  But I recently made them again - this time with the sauce and they were DELICIOUS!!  The sauce really added a little something. 

I don't even like ranch, which is probably why I was nervous to try the sauce.  All the flavors really come together - my kids really liked it too.  We had sooo much sauce left over!  You might want to half the recipe, or use the ranch sauce for something else.  I bet it would be really good on a salad!

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 TBS green onion, diced
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 small can green chiles
1/2 TBS parsley
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
dash cayenne pepper
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded (I used colby jack)
flour tortillas

Directions:
In large bowl, mix all ingredients together, including chicken. (Make sure it's been fully cooked.)
Saute all ingredients until fully cooked.

Remove from heat and add shredded cheese.  Mix well.  Warm tortillas and place 1/2 cup of mixture inside.  Fold up tightly and cook in a Panini or George Foreman grill until cheese is melted.  (I just cooked it in a frying pan like a grilled cheese.)

Slice and serve with sauce. YUM!

Avocado-Ranch Dipping Sauce
1c. ranch dressing
1 avocado, mashed
1 tsp minced onion
salt and pepper, to taste

Blend all ingredients together until creamy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails